Cedric Gervais has had an extraordinary life. As a young teenager, Cedric, who is originally from Marseilles, headed to St Tropez. There he got a summer residency at the famed Papa Gaio club. He was only 14 years old, not even legally old enough to party with the people he played for. This quickly turned into a residency at Paris’ Queen club. Knowing the only path for him was music, Cedric pleaded with his father to take him out of school so he could concentrate on DJing. His father agreed, and, as is customary in France, went to the local courts to put Cedric’s case forward. Then at just 15 years old and not speaking any English he decided Paris wasn’t challenging him enough musically so he packed up and moved to Miami. This was at a time when an exciting movement within the club scene was happening in Miami; Big clubs were opening, the power of residencies were becoming ever more evident, Cedric saw this opportunity and jumped in.
He secured residencies at the best clubs and parties Miami had to offer – Living Room, Nikki Beach, Crobar and Space. During this time it wasn’t just his DJing that excelled but his studio output too. His first big break came in the form of ‘Spirit of my Life’ in 2006; Pete Tong made it an Essential New Tune on his BBC Radio 1 show. Cedric followed with a string of high profile remixes for the likes of Dubfire and more ‘Essential New Tunes’ followed – namely in the form of 2009’s ‘Mauri’s Dream’ and most recently ‘Molly’, of which Madonna is a fan, more on that later.
Two of Cedric’s most high profile club-residencies have been at Liv in Miami and Marquee in Las Vegas. Both of which are now home to his very own SHITSHOW!!! Parties. These events started at Liv and have grown to become a next-level clubbing experience. The ethos is simple, the production and level of effort put into making these parties happen is anything but. Put simply, anything goes at the SHITSHOW!!! events, there is no judgment or rules, only crazy clothes, lights, décor and one of the most up-for-it crowds found in any club globally. Cedric plays all night and the success of these events has meant its expanded from its original home in Miami to incorporate parties in Las Vegas at Marquee…and who knows where it will head this year…
Saturday Night Sessions episode 69 features his latest podcast episode of Miamication.
Subscribe to Saturday Night Sessions Podcast on itunes for free and download all of our episodes weekly here : http://t.co/VoiB9tvA
1. Cedric Gervais – Cedanie [Spinnin Records]
2. Cevin Fisher – My Sweet Love (Nopopstar Remix) [Essentials]
3. Michael Woods – Warrior (Vocal Mix) [Ministry Of Sound]
4. Cedric Gervais – Molly (Mind Electric Re Acid) [One Love]
5. Antonio Giacca – InfleXions [Pinkstar]
6. Swanky Tunes, Hard Rock Sofa – The Edge [Wall Recordings]
7. Chuckie & Gregoi Klosman – The Numb3rs [Big Beat]
8. Bingo Players Ft. Heather Bright – Don’t Blame The Party Mode (Firebeatz Remix) [Hysteria]
9. Luca Novelli – De-Generation [Big & Dirty Records]
10. Jaxxon – Nevada [Oxygen Recordings]
11. Nicky Romero & ZROQ – WTF!? [Protocol Recordings]
12. Apocalypto – Checkered [Big Beat]